The institution of marriage is quite essential in society. Every person desires to find their Perfect Match. However, the criteria for selecting a spouse differ. Individuals prefer to choose their mates on their own in Love Marriages, whereas individuals prefer partners chosen by their family or parents in Arrange Marriages. Let’s see which of the two is the better option.
A marriage is more than just the uniting of two people; two families join and learn about each other and two social networks that are now more close to each other. It is the focal point of an arranged marriage. Parents will initially verify if the possible bride or groom’s family is compatible with theirs while seeking a partner for their son or daughter. However, this thing is essential for love and arrange marriages.
The ideal technique to choose a marital partner is a subject of constant dispute. Arranged weddings are amusing and occasionally unpleasant to many people in the Western world. But, in my opinion, there are two sides to every coin.
Arranged weddings and love marriages both have advantages and disadvantages.
Which is preferable: arrange marriage or love marriage?
Pros of arrange marriage
- Due to the presence of family members, the relationship begins on a serious note with commitment.
- From the start, you can tell if the person is financially stable.
- You have the opportunity correctly shape your future.
- From the outset, couples consider their families.
- Parents in Arrange marriages inquire about each other’s family and group. . It prevents people from blindly trusting others, as is the case in certain love marriages.
- Most likely, the couple considers both of their families. As a result, they will learn to adjust, which is a valuable skill in any relationship.
Cons of arrange marriage
- There are numerous concerns with compatibility.
- The partners are unfamiliar with one another.
- Following certain meetings, they must make speedy choices.
- The family is interfering.
- Before you marry, you won’t be able to disclose anything with your partner.
- Forced weddings may still occur under the guise of arranged marriage.
Pros of love marriage
- They respect one another and are aware of one other’s tendencies. They attempt to adjust to each other’s routines and have a good understanding of each other’s personalities.
- Your partner will prove to be the most valuable ally because they are the ones who believe in you and understand you.
- Couples show some flexibility and are willing to change if their partner is uncomfortable with something.
- They give up some habits and try to adapt their ways of life to be more accommodating to their partners.
- The fact that you can choose the person with whom you are familiar and want to spend the rest of your life is the greatest advantage.
Cons of love marriage
- In some sections of India, love weddings are still frowned upon.
- The majority of love marriage couples are self-sufficient. If they choose to end the relationship, they don’t care about the thoughts of their family.
- Young people may mistake attraction for love.
- Love isn’t the only thing we require in this world. One should also look into the facts, such as their family background, economic circumstances, and the environment in which they grew up.
To conclude either, it is love or arrange marriage, if you are wise enough to select your partner, your wedding is successful. So, choose your partner who understands you and is present with you in your good and bad times.